Skip to main content

Endurance, Perseverance, Hope...

As many of you know, our two oldest children were blessed with the opportunity to go to the Diamond J Rodeo Camp. This is their second year, but it feels like it has been a life time. I was really hoping and praying that I would be able to go and was thinking that I was going to have to miss is this year. It brings so much joy to not only to our children but to me. I leave there filling filled with the Holy Spirt. The relationships you gain while there are lifelong ones. I truly consider them family. That all being said I was able to go and the girls grew in both their rodeo skills as in the relationship with Christ. God truly has a way of speaking through people and there were many times that I felt that He was speaking directly to me. On the last night, Pastor Al had asked us to close our eyes in preparation to pray, then said, " Now look at yourself" I did, and to my surprise I saw a beautiful version of myself. I thought to myself this must be how God sees me. I of course stated crying. I didn't think that my changing appearance was going to be something that I would struggle with but it has been a silent battle for me. I know that it isn't something that I should be concerned with but I am human and well I have been. I found the courage to walk around camp without my hat on at times because I was too hot but also because I felt safe there. It was hard at first but my sweet friend Syd encouraged me, so I did. She has given me so much support and love, putting up with me not being able to do as much as I could have or should have but picking up the slack and helping my girls to continue on with their dreams and goals in the horse world. There are so many people that have helped and picked up where I could not, giving my family the opportunities to keep up with their normal while I am in this season of life, and I am so very thankful to each and every one of you.
On the last day, Ms. Jackie shared some very powerful words and part of what she shared was endurance. That really spoke to me. Not everything we do is going to be easy, in fact we know that it won’t be. Do you have the endurance it takes? I know that right now and let’s be honest probably most days weather I am sick or not I don't have that ability on my own. I know thought that God will give me that endurance I need to keep pressing on. When we face difficult times, we have a choice, we can give up or we can keep pressing on. By pressing on we are growing we are having those growing pains, those stretch marks. With that, we know that change is happening. You are becoming stronger, more confident, your character is changing, you are becoming full of hope. Remember you are never alone in your struggles, He has come before you, He is walking with you, and will continue. Romans 5:3-4 Says, "Not only so but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." God is so good, He knows I am a very visual person and He is constantly giving me those visual reminders that I need. We were getting ready to spend the day as a family out on the lake. I was tired, feeling very irritable and frustrated about a lot of things. It has been hard for me to let go of being able to do things I always have. I am a doer, and when it comes to my family I have always been the one to get things done. So, when times like this come around when I don't have it me to get the job done it is hard for me to swallow. I was walking back up to the house and along the way I say a thistle. I know what most of you are thinking, thistles are really hard to get rid of, they are invasive and all around a pain in the booty. Yes, this is all true however, it is also known as resilient, bravery, determination, loyalty, grace, royalty, and strength.
In His Love, Anna #toogrittoquit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If its a Good day make it Great day!!

I have 2 rounds of Chemo now, this first week after treatment seems to be the worst. The nausia isn't too bad, they have given me a lot of diffrent tools to help with that. I do suffer from exterime ecaustion, a kind that is like nothing I have really never had before. Well maybe combind a really bad hangover and a newbron baby. Yeah that is close. My body feel very heavey and I know that my insides are working overtime. After my first round my boys came berrling out of the house sayting that they were ready to be my bald budies, so tht next morning we did just that. With Hannah's help we came up with a very fun head cover. The second week is much better and I feel much more like myself and can do more things. I try to do what I can but I have a wonderful support system that is always keeping thier eye on me and will to step in at any given moment. I have been so humbeld by all the love a support that I ahve been getting. I trully am so blessed. I wonderful thing h...

Hailey Marie Harvey!!!

Hailey Marie Harvey Daddy, Hailey, and Mommy Sisterly Love (Emma and Hailey) Smiley Little She is here, and we are in love. She arrived at 3:40pm on Monday October 19,2009, by c-section. It when great Matt got to be apart of the whole thing. It was so awesome to hear her take that first cry. Matt was able to watch the whole surgery and then got to cut the umbilical cord. We did so well we even got to go home a day early. The worst part of the whole thing was that we couldn't have visitors given the H1N1 (piggy flu) is ever so prominent, and the day that we left was difficult because Emma could not come close to the mommy baby section of the hospital given her age, so we had to juggle to get the kid, myself, and all of our stuff t...